“Because of this program, I am comfortable in my own skin.” — Spring 2010 participant
“I am more aware of the foods I eat and now confidently make better choices.” – Fall 2012 participant
Health Promotion, Student Health Services and the Counseling Center have partnered to offer this exciting weight loss support group for currently enrolled NC State students who are ready to lose weight. The program’s structured approach to weight loss encourages behavioral changes and motivates students to achieve their goals. Your first meeting is free. Registration costs $35 per semester payable at the Student Health cashier’s office.
Spring 2013 Meetings
We will meet each Tuesdays at 5 p.m. beginning January 22nd through April 16th in room 2301 of the Student Health Center. Registration will be open through Febraruy 5, 2013.
What to Expect
- Weekly meetings
- Practical tips for success
- Nutritional information and feedback from a registered dietician
- Professional guidance from a certified counselor
- Support from peers
- Fitness opportunities with support from a certified personal trainer
- Tracking tools
- Enhanced personal growth and self-awareness