The Counseling Center counsels NC State students experiencing personal, academic or vocational problems. We also offer psychological assessment and psychiatric consultation. Our services are primarily short-term in nature, and we ensure strict confidentiality. We make referrals to other helping professionals and community agencies as appropriate. Many services are free to currently enrolled students of North Carolina State University.
A diverse group of individuals composes the Counseling Center’s staff. Our staff’s varied ethnicity, gender, sexual orientation, theoretical orientation, and expertise reflect its diversity. Our staff members are generalists skilled at responding to a wide range of issues typical of a university counseling center. Counselors also possess individual skills and interests that help them address the needs and issues of the diverse community of students at NC State University. NCSU Counseling Center is accredited by the International Association of Counseling Services.
We invite you to review the detailed information about our Center listed in the right-hand navigation. Several Frequently Used Links are:
- Mental Health Emergency
- Set up an Appointment
- Can’t Make my Appointment (need to cancel/reschedule)
- Information on an Academic Withdrawal
- Information about joining a Group
- Information on Available Workshops
- Access to our On-Line Screening for Mental Health Issues
- Access to Online Career Assessments
- Link for Area Mental Health Providers to be included in our Database