Interested in Wood Wellness Village for the 2015-2016 Academic Year?
• Live in a community that supports a healthy, balanced life
• Develop friendships in a positive environment
• Participate in high impact programming, such as whitewater rafting, trips to the trampoline park, access to dietitians, personal trainers, and more!
• Reserved space in HES 295 and Wood Hall
Apply by January 20th by contacting Amanda Kammer, Community Director email@example.com for more information.
For more information, check out these sites:
The Spring 2015 waive/enroll period has now opened. You can either waive the plan or enroll in the plan by visiting www.bcbsnc.com/
NC State is monitoring the latest information from infectious disease experts and public health officials regarding the Ebola outbreak in West Africa.
Have you recently traveled to an affected area in West Africa? Click here for more information.
If you have symptoms please call 919-515-2563 and speak with an appointments staff member at the Student Health Center.
All UNC universities are in communication regarding emergency planning. Visit the UNC system site for informative links and the latest information.
You get ONE SHOT to FIGHT the FLU this season! The flu vaccine is your best defense against flu so we encourage all students to get the vaccine and practice prevention steps to stay well and in class this year. After you get your shot, Facebook, Tweet or Instagram a photo with the hashtag #OneFluShot for a chance to spin the health wheel and win awesome prizes!
Beginning in October, the vaccine will be available:
- at the vaccination clinics on-campus (hosted by Maxim Healthcare).
- Saturdays by appointment on October 18 and 25, and November 1, 8, and 15. Scheduling for Saturday appointments available September 23.
- if you are not sick, during a scheduled appointment.
- by appointment in the Treatment Center, call 919-515-7107 to schedule.
- without an appointment at the Pharmacy between 8:30 – 11:30 and 1:30 – 4:30, Monday through Friday.
Depending on your insurance carrier there may be a charge for the vaccination. If you have the SHIP plan the vaccination is covered. Student Health is out-of-network for all other health insurance plans so contact your insurance carrier regarding your out-of-network benefits. Shots are $25 and the nasal vaccine is $35. Payment is due at the time of service or charged to the student account.
Come relax with us! Massages for students, faculty and staff are offered by appointment Tuesdays & Wednesdays 8:30 a.m. -12:30 p.m. and Thursdays 10 a.m. – 2 p.m. with licensed massage therapists. Please call 919-513-3260 for details and to schedule your appointment today. Sessions are 25 or 50 minutes and packages are available.
More information available here: Therapeutic Massage at NC State
We are renovating space to better meet the needs of students and improve the patient experience. During the summer there will be several projects that will generate dust and noise. Please let us know if there are special concerns during your visit so we can assist in making the visit more comfortable. Thank you for your understanding and patience.
Just activated, Ask-the-Dietitian! To assist you in getting accurate, up-to-date nutrition information, the Student Health Services dietitian will answer questions submitted online. Please complete the survey in it’s entirety to receive a reply from the registered dietitian.