- Get the flu vaccine. (Click here for the list of upcoming campus flu clinics)
- Wash hands often with soap and water or an alcohol-based hand rub.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose, or mouth. Germs spread this way.
- Try to avoid close contact with sick people.
- Practice good health habits – plenty of sleep and exercise, reduce stress, drink plenty of fluids, and eat healthy foods.
- Cover your nose and mouth with a tissue when you cough or sneeze. Throw the tissue in the trash after you use it.
- If you are sick with flu-like illness, stay home for at least 24 hours after your fever is gone without the use of fever-reducing medicine.
www.flu.gov for up-to-date information