The Spring 2015 waive/enroll period has now opened. You can either waive the plan or enroll in the plan by visiting www.bcbsnc.com/student. The waiver deadline for the Spring 2015 semester is January 30th. Please be sure to enroll or waive the Student Blue plan by this deadline as premium charges are non-refundable!
NC State is monitoring the latest information from infectious disease experts and public health officials regarding the Ebola outbreak in West Africa.
Click here for the latest news from the CDC.
If you have symptoms please call 919-515-2563 and speak with an appointments staff member at the Student Health Center.
All UNC universities are in communication regarding emergency planning. Visit the UNC system site for informative links and the latest information.
You get ONE SHOT to FIGHT the FLU this season! The flu vaccine is your best defense against flu so we encourage all students to get the vaccine and practice prevention steps to stay well and in class this year. After you get your shot, Facebook, Tweet or Instagram a photo with the hashtag #OneFluShot for a chance to spin the health wheel and win awesome prizes!
Beginning in October, the vaccine will be available:
- at the vaccination clinics on-campus (hosted by Maxim Healthcare).
- Saturdays by appointment on October 18 and 25, and November 1, 8, and 15. Scheduling for Saturday appointments available September 23.
- if you are not sick, during a scheduled appointment.
- by appointment in the Treatment Center, call 919-515-7107 to schedule.
- without an appointment at the Pharmacy between 8:30 – 11:30 and 1:30 – 4:30, Monday through Friday.
Depending on your insurance carrier there may be a charge for the vaccination. If you have the SHIP plan the vaccination is covered. Student Health is out-of-network for all other health insurance plans so contact your insurance carrier regarding your out-of-network benefits. Shots are $25 and the nasal vaccine is $35. Payment is due at the time of service or charged to the student account.